Since this is our first year of homeschooling, I am feeling a little anxious about what to "teach." About a month and a half ago I went to a homeschooling used book sale at a local Church. I was able to pick up quite a few books for a very reasonable price.
In addition to the textbooks, I have planned several field trips for the year.
Tanner's Apple Orchard
Festival of Trees
Pumpkin Patch
Family Museum
Lock and Dam #15 Visitor Museum
Putnum Museum
Circa 21
John Deere Pavilion
Botanical Center
Hauberg Native American Museum
Wildcate Den State Park
We are going to join our local homeschooling co-op: C.H.A.L.K and my daughter is going to be involved in a local home-schooling Girl Scout Troop.
Plus, we have joined the YMCA and we will be participating in many classes there as well.
Sounds like we will be having a busy, yet productive "school" year.
What are your plans for the year?
No comments:
Post a Comment